Bringing a holistic approach to close protection services - Interview with Ronin’s Founder, Timm Smith.
Ronin is one of (if not the most) renowned civilian training academies for protection training globally. Located in Cape Town South Africa, the academy has an unmatched environment that covers all aspects of protection training from firearm competency training to experiencing frontline ambulance shifts, all in the heart of South Africa and its unpredictable climate.
In this episode, you’ll hear from the founder of Ronin, Timm Smith, who has an unprecedented CV within the personal protection arena. You'll learn all about Timm’s journey, the creation of Ronin and its high standards while learning what it takes to be a Ronin student and graduate.
- Differences between the UK and the US for close protection training
- The evolution of close protection training
- Battles within a unified war
- Bringing the medical aspect into the protection space
- Despite Ronin’s strict application process, their high standards mean 25% of students do not make it to graduation
- What makes a great Ronin student
- How do highly qualified doctors hold up against Ronin’s standards
- What’s next for Ronin?